Super Duper English Time

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Strengths & weakness as English teacher

Last week, JH gave us assigments: think strengths and weakness as Ebglish teachers. I have thought that I want to be an english teacher, but i didn't think that things. So today,I would like to think these things.

[Strengths]
I think as English teacher is strengts itself.When I entered JHS,it was the first time to take an English class. I was deeply moved because teacher spoke in English and talked to ALT in English.Perhaps there were many students who thinks like me.
Besides, English teacher can teach and tell many things using English. If they put their mind to it they can teach and accomplish anything! For example, they can teach science in English even if we live in Japan. They can talk about Japnese culture in English. I think that thinking about Tapan using Engilsh, we can find new things that we didn't notice until now. So I think strengths as English teacher is they can use English and can do it using it.

[Weakness]
If English teacher can't read a sentence well, maybe students doesn't want to study Ebglish from he/she. Also if teacher's pronunce is poor, they may be influenced badly.If teacher doesn't reliable and level-headed,students be influenced quickly. So I think on account of teacher, students changes. For example, if teacher uses katakana when he/she teaches about pronunciation, probably most students learn it with Katakana pronunce. If teacher teach grammar vaguely, perhaps students will be confuse about it when they learn grammar which is more difficult. Now an English teacher doesn't teach English in Japanese like in the past. So if teacher teach it using difficult words, students can't understand. So teachers has to teach it in english, that is good and weakness points comparison with other subjects.Besides, we have to remenber many things about English, so theacher tend to say "Remenber it!!" That is also weakness, I think. Of course we have to input many things, but Ebglish isn't a remenber subject. So these 2 things is weakness points.

However I think English teacher have many strengts because if they put their mind to it they can teach accomplish anythin in English!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home